Any postal administration intending to deploy a new IT system must ensure it is secure, flexible, easy to use, fault tolerant and above all quickly scalable to cope with new demands of the competitive marketplace and changes in their traditional, postal services. Swift’s underlying technology has been designed with these factors in mind.
Its chief advantage lies in its management tools, dynamic reporting functions and provision of business intelligence, which provide finely-tuned information that is vital to building strategies for success in the postal sector.
At the core of Swift Retail is a replication engine which is resident on the head-office server. This ensures that all data from each post office branch is securely uploaded over the internet or private networks, in real time, allowing head office users to generate live reports. The live replication going on between the branch office servers and the head office server gives the system the ability of being highly customisable, secure, scalable and network-efficient. Swift runs on standard PC hardware.
Our design philosophy:
- Distributed, Three-tiered, Client-server architecture
- Robust, High-Performance and Reliable
- Network Fault-Tolerant
- Uses industry-standard, well-understood technologies
- Flexible Core Engine (codenamed Aida)
- Highly Scalable, Configurable and Customisable
- Roaming Profile
- Audits user activity, sends emails when certain activity goes on
- Easy to Integrate, Deploy and Use!
System requirements (minimum recommended):
- Minimum 512Mb RAM – Swift Retail Client
- Minimum 1024Mb RAM - Branch Server / Swift Retail Client
- CPU - P4 2.0 GHz
- HDD - 40GB
- Minimum Supported Screen Resolution - 1024 x 768
- Windows XP Professional Edition
Core technologies in Swift:
Swift is written in Visual Basic 6.0 and is compatible with back-end databases MySQL 4.1 and over, and MS SQL Server 2005. Clients usually decide upon the choice of the back-end database, however we recommend MS SQL 2005 since it has significant advantages over MySQL.
Swift’s core engine
The key aspect of Swift Retail is the system that’s in place to capture data from the transactions carried out over the counter and store them in a database. Data is placed into one specifically-designed, and often custom-designed, table that can cater for the variety of services offered at the postal counters.
Key benefits of the Swift Core Engine:
- Custom reporting using third-party tools is easy for the client
- Since the core engine has been heavily tested, adding new services within this framework guarantees a high degree of software stability
- Replication to head office is handled very easily and efficiently over any network
- A high degree of system performance, which is a must in retail applications
- Eases the integration of Swift with third-party systems such as SUN Accounts, Sage, etc..
- Makes the back-up / restore process extremely easy to manage